Makalu and Barun Valley located in the eastern part of Nepal offer impressing natural scenery. The main focal point of this trek is Makalu Barun National Park, an Conservation Area, Mount Makalu (8463m), the world’s fifth highest peak; Chamlang Himal and Barun Valley that are the major jewels of this area.
Having a wide range of altitudinal and climatic variations, Makalu Barun area offers a remarkable and diverse habitat for rich varieties of flora and fauna. Plants of all major ecological zones: tropical, sub-tropical, temperate, alpine and sub-alpine are found here. The park is the home of a rich variety of wildlife too.
The highlights of this rich natural paradise include beautiful mountains, pristine forest, and a wide variety of plants, animal life and the simple and warm hearted local people with rich and varied customs.
- Pickups and drops from hotels and airport.
- Kathmandu / Tumlingta /Kathmandu flight ticket.
- Hotel in Kathmandu.
- Tea houses & camping during the trek (Breakfast,Lunch,dinner & tea,coffee & tent).
- Welcome dinners.
- An experienced English-speaking trekking guide & assistant trek leader, porters to carry luggage (2 trekkers:1 porter insurance, equipment.
- All necessary paper work and permits (National park permit)
- A comprehensive medical kit.
- All government and local taxes
- Nepalese visa fee
- International airfare to and from Kathmandu.
- Excess baggage charges.
- Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu.
- Extra night accommodation in Kathmandu in case of early arrival, late departure, and early return from the mountain (due to any reason) other than the scheduled itinerary.
- Travel and rescue insurance.
- Personal expenses (phone calls, laundry, bar bills, battery recharge, extra porters, bottle or boiled water, shower)
- Tips for guides and porters.
- Any more activites.