Kanchenjunga [8598m] which lies in the eastern frontier of Nepal.
Mt. Kanchenjunga one of the world’s most challenging peaks to climb, geographically lies on the Nepal-Sikkim (India) border.
The trek begins right after landing at a STOL airstrip in Taplejung and goes through fascinating green, crop growing villages and pristine forests to the awe-inspiring South Face Base Camp at Ramche at [4360m].
Before crossing to the north side of Kanchenjunga via the Mirgin La, the highest pass at [4663m].
The glacial excursion around Ramche is truly an unforgettable experience. The return trek via Ghunsa is easier as most of the path passes along the river valley.
The northern and southern base camps of Kanchenjunga and Faktanglung Himal are the most important landmarks of this region.
- Mt.Kanchenjunga (8598m) which lies in the eastern frontier of Nepal one of the world’s third challenging peaks to climb.
- Mountains vistas including Kanchenjunga.
- Yalung glacier and other high passes.
- Monasteries,chorten temples and prayer walls.
- Traditional Sherpa villages with unique cultures.
- Himalayan Black Beer, Assamese Macaque,Musk deer,Red Panda,snow leopards and other animals.
- Rhododendrons, orchids,lilies,primula,and other flowers.