Kanchenjunga [8598m] which lies in the eastern frontier of Nepal. Mt. Kanchenjunga, one of the world’s most challenging peaks to climb, geographically lies on the Nepal-Sikkim (India) border. The trek begins right after landing at a STOL airstrip in Taplejung and goes through fascinating green, crop growing villages and pristine forests to the awe-inspiring South Face Base Camp at Ramche at [4360m], before crossing to the north side of Kanchenjunga via the Mirgin La, the highest pass at [4663m]. The glacial excursion around Ramche is truly an unforgettable experience. The return trek via Ghunsa is easier as most of the path passes along the river valley.
- Mt.Kanchenjunga (8598m) which lies in the eastern frontier of Nepal one of the world’s third challenging peaks to climb.
- Mountains vistas including Kanchenjunga.
- Yalung glacier and other high passes.
- Monasteries,chorten temples and prayer walls.
- Traditional Sherpa villages with unique cultures.
- Himalayan Black Beer, Assamese Macaque,Musk deer,Red Panda,snow leopards and other animals.
- Rhododendrons, orchids,lilies,primula,and other flowers.