The Annapurna Circuit, considered one of the best trekking/hiking trails in the world, is the classic long distance trek in the Annapurna region of Nepal. The trek is one of contrasts between the green, terraced farmland of the Marshyangdi valley and the semi-arid environs of Lower Mustang. The two areas are separated by the Thorong La River (5416m), which we must cross on a long day, to reach the sacred site of Muktinath. The temple complex is a pilgrimage site for both Hindus and Buddhists and the scence of the sunrise on Dhaulagiri is particularly eye-catching.
This is one of the classic and most rewarding treks in Nepal which circles the Annapurna massif, starting at either Bhote Order or Gorkha, west of Kathmandu ending at Pokhara. For the most of the treks we can have close views of Annapurna, Dhaulagiri, and the magnificent Machhapuchre. The high point of the trek entails crossing of the 5414m high Throng Pass, from the arid valley of the upper Manang, home of Tibeto- Buddhists, down to the Hindu pilgrimage site of Muktinath, and the Kali Gandaki valley, the worlds deepest river gorge, before heading down to Pokhara. Besides the mountain views, we encounter on this trek a variety of mountain communities of the Gurung, Manangi and Thakali people.
- All ground transportation on a comfortable private vehicle as per the itinerary
- Kathmandu to Besisahar to Syange by jeep.
- Tea house accommodation during the trek (breakfast, lunch and dinner & tea or coffe during the trek
- Welcome dinners.
- An experienced, English speaking and government licensed trek leader and
- Porter service including their salary, insurance, equipment, domestic airfare, food and accommodation
- All necessary paperwork and trekking permits.
- Medical kit (carried by your trek leader)
- All government and local taxes
- Excess baggage charge.
- Extra night accommodation in Kathmandu and Pokhara because of early arrival, late departure, early return from mountain (due to any reason) than the scheduled itinerary
- Lunch and evening meals in Kathmandu and Pokhara (and also in the case of early return from the mountain than the scheduled itinerary)
- International flights
- Travel and rescue insurance
- Personal expenses (phone calls, internet, laundry, bar bills, battery recharge, extra porters, bottled or boiled water, shower, etc.)