Mera Peak is the highest of the permitted “Trekking Peaks” in Nepal. The trek begins by flying into the heart of the Himalaya to the village of Lukla. From here you will cross a high pass into a remote valley and steadily acclimate, as you have to move toward base camp & establish a high camp on the glacier from where you will attempt the summit.
You will have excellent views of Makalu, Everest, Lhotse and other spectacular peaks. This is a great trek and climb in an ancient land where Sherpas still graze yaks, cook on yak dung fires and live a very simple life. Porters to make our trip more enjoyable and culturally interesting will carry our food and equipment.
By its standard route from the Mera La, the ascent is technically straightforward; however, after a heavy fall of snow or when the maze of crevasses are open, the way can be long and demanding. Far and above the most rewarding aspect of a trip to Mera is a chance to venture into a little-visited and as yet unspoiled region of Nepal where the hillsides are still densely forested and a need to be self-sufficient is essential. There is also, of course, the pleasure of going above 6.000m.
There are many approaches to Mera some are easy and some require the crossing of high and difficult passes, making a trek to the peak a real mountaineering adventure for which effort is rewarded with spectacular scenery and ultimately one of the finest viewpoints in Nepal.
This is the perfect trip for the mountaineer who wants to make the most of his / her Himalayan adventure by living in unique culture and climbing in traditional Himalayan alpine style. A Sherpa guide (Sirdar), cook team will support your trek and climb. We spend a significant amount of time acclimating to new altitudes to increase safety and comfort levels. We cover basic mountaineering skills on the glacier prior to your climb.
- All arrival and departure service.
- Well come dinner.
- Hotel in Kathmandu with breakfast.
- Meals (breakfast, lunch,dinner & tea,coffee) lodge during the trek.
- Trekking and climbing guide, porters (1 porter for 2 persons) equipment and insurance.
- Camping Equipment (Tent, mattresses).
- Climbing permits and national park fee.
- Domestic flight Kathmandu/ Lukla/ Kathmandu.
- National park fee,Peak Climbing permit, Garbage deposit. First Aid Medical Kit box.
- Office Service charge.
- All Government Tax.
- Any meals (Lunch and Dinner) in Kathmandu.
- Travel insurance (if you want us to arrange your travel insurance, we would greatly be happy to assist).
- International air fair to and from Nepal.
- Emergency Evacuation.
- Nepal Tourist Visa Fees.
- Any kind of alcoholic drinks, hot shower, cold drinks, snacks, laundry, phone call, internet.
- Personal Trekking Equipment (down sleeping bag and down jackets
- Tips for trekking, climbing guide & porters.